The BEx-Query Designer is used to prepare analysis – known as queries – of all data stored in the SAP BW. The Query Designer can be invoked via the Web or from MS Excel or can be installed as a desktop application. After the Query Designer has been started, the Open dialog allows a fast access to the InfoProviders in the SAP BW and the queries already present.
This presentation package consists of the following topics:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to BW Reporting: You will be introduced to BW architecture and objects used in SAP BW: InfoObject, InfoCube, Infoprovider and ODS…
- Unit 2 – BEx query Designer: This presentations gives a brief definition of BEx Query Designer and basic steps required to create, change and display a Query
- Unit 3 – Calculated and Restricted KEy Figures: Learn what Calculated and Restricted Key Figures are and know their properties. Structures and Cell Editor also covered in this unit
- Unit 4 – Properties and Attributes of Characteristics: Get a brief overview of Attributes and properties of the Display Hierarchy
- Unit 5 – Variables: Learn what variables are used in Query Designer
- Unit 6 – Query Properties: After reading this unit you will be able to understand the purpose of setting parameters under General, Display and Extended properties.
- Unit 7 – Exceptions and Conditions: What are Exceptions and Conditions ? Read this unit and learn how to create them.